Tuesday, February 21, 2017

"Be like Jesus...

... very valiant for your God. Imitate him in your loving spirit; think kindly, speak kindly, and do kindly, that men may say of you, "He has been with Jesus." Imitate Jesus in his holiness. Was he zealous for his Master? So be you; ever go about doing good. Let not time be wasted: it is too precious. Was he self-denying, never looking to his own interest? Be the same. Was he devout? Be you fervent in your prayers. Had he deference to his Father's will? So submit yourselves to him. Was he patient? So learn to endure."

~Charles Spurgeon


Oh how I want to be like Jesus....and how very short I fall...each. and. every. day. I am so thankful that His strength is shown through my weakness. The only way to be more like Christ is to spend time in His Word and to *know* Him. Reading about Him, studying Him, talking to Him...these are the ways to know Christ more. It is the only way to be more like Him. Of course, we cannot do it all in our own strength either...but thankfully He gave us the Holy Spirit to work in and through us to do His will. I am so grateful! I encourage you to not only study the Scriptures but to also spend a little time reading words of great men of old who imitated Christ...who loved Him and wanted to make Him known! Men like Spurgeon, J.C. Ryle, Matthew Henry, William Wilberforce and more! :) 

I am praising the Lord for the beautiful weather He has given us lately! It's February and usually in Western Pennsylvania we have snow and freezing temperatures! Instead it is in the 50's and spring-like! Oh it is absolutely glorious friends! Yesterday before heading off to our homeschool co-op day I hung out a load of freshly laundered towels! Line-dried towels are my favorite and how glorious it was to use one after a shower! :)  

My sister and her children are coming to town today (YIPPEEEE!) and actually coming *here* to my house! Our aunt's birthday is coming up so a few of us are getting together to celebrate! We're getting pizza and cake and celebrating another year of life for her (good thing I exercised hard last night! haha!). They should be arriving soon....but I wanted to share a few photos of what has been happening lately! :) 

Madelyn got a small *job* at our YMCA doing childcare a couple of hours one day a week. On her first "work" day the boys and I went in too. I exercised while they played basketball and cards...





 Egg salad sandwiches for lunch on Valentine's Day...




A Valentine's Day game at lunch...


I don't usually do disposable plates and napkins. I prefer reusable ones....however, I found these cute Valentine's Day ones at JoAnn's for 70% off! I couldn't beat that awesome price! :) It made the day a little more festive! Chris took me out for supper that evening too! We *never* go out together so it was nice!


Jaxson working on some of his drawings...



X working on some schoolwork...


 It's that time of year again....seed time!


 Madelyn practices on the piano every chance she gets!


Home...




This week is a busier one for me...but that's a good thing because it is all enjoyable things going on! I hope your week is enjoyable as well! Remember to be like Jesus...always! And the *only* way to truly be like Him is to *know* Him. The only way to *know* Him is to be reading His Word! :)

Thank you for stopping by friends!
Cheerfully,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers & Pilgrims

3 comments:

  1. Hello Katy,

    Thank you for sharing this wonderfully encouraging post about getting to know our Lord and becoming more like Him.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, it is very hard to be like Jesus. I fail miserably but I know that He loves me despite myself.
    Your home is lovely. I really like your blog and how you share your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Peacock window panel. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy